Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Bitch slammer/old
Bitch slammer was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was DELETE
Tally: 7 keep (6 being suspected sockpuppets)/8 delete A recipe for an alcoholic drink of dubious notability, its conceptual use being "to get unknowing females drunk until they are unaware of their actions". Seems to be the creation of a random anon drinker, whose only three edits are to the page, and the page has only been edited by this user. (Apparently its a "staple of the consulting, insurance and mobile industry subcultures") I doubt it's worth Transwikiing to Wikibooks. PMC 00:04, 6 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete: Add wine spritzer to vodka. Amazingly sophisticated stuff. Hunch Punch is the best (commercial fruit juices plus 200 proof grain alcohol). Silly vanity article. One wonders how significant the electric escalator industry is and what benefit inebriation is to a woman on an escalator. Geogre 00:47, 6 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- The cynic in me suggests that most drinks with silly names (and many without) are intended "to get unknowing females drunk until they are unaware of their actions", but hey. Google hasn't heard of it,neither has Usenet. Delete, I'd say. Shimgray 00:59, 6 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Name made me LOL. Delete!--Deglr6328 03:30, 6 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. --*drew 05:21, 6 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- This drink is already becoming a legend in the Nordic countries, especially Helsinki and Stockholm. Dont't delete!
- I believe this entry to be really helpful in understanding the cultural differences of the nordic countries. Keep--sgefan!
- Delete - Despite what the sockpuppets say, the electric escalator industry is not a major industry in either Helsinki or Stockholm. Besides, everybody knows that the best escalators are steam-powered. ClockworkTroll 16:05, 7 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- The BSlammer is a classic in Scandinavia, and can actually be ordered at the bar.
- What's it called in, say, Swedish then? Clearly not "bitch slammer", since this gets 9 google hits, none of which is a cocktail. Pnot 00:00, 9 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- So? I can order a...let me see...oh, here's an interestingly-named one...I can order a "Between the Sheets" at any bar, but it doesn't mean it should have a Wiki article. PMC 22:05, 7 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Don't Delete - Could you explain what is the makes the Bitch slammer unsuitable to Wikipedia, compared to other cocktails ? Cocktails such as the Kremlin Colonel or Sazerac, which have their own Wikipedia entries ?
- This does. 5 results, two of which are Wikipedia, and 3 are from something called the "Jive Bible". Seems less than notable, Mr. Sockpuppet. ClockworkTroll 00:26, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Could you explain why we should heed someone who votes four times anonymously? This is one of the standards of VfD - if you don't sign your vote, your vote is pretty much disregarded. Oh, and delete. DS 00:38, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- I disagree with the troll.. the beauty of wikipedia is having these nyances, hence KEEP--Principal 17:53, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- This drink sounded so obscene that I tried it.. It tastes actually pretty good, even with not-that-good sparkiling wine.. However I feel a bit dizzy now.. anyways this should be kept as there are not that many "different" and delicious vodka drinks out there --ClockworkO 18:34, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Question - Are there any rules against sockpuppeting? Contributions:ClockworkO Contributions:sgefan Contributions:Principal ClockworkTroll 19:39, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. Ignore sockpuppetry. Non-notable, possible hoax. (never heard of it myself). All I can think of is: "it took TWO people to invent a vodka spritzer?" Terrapin 22:26, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete and bitchslam the sockpuppets. Pnot 00:00, 9 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. Encyclopedic, relevant, factually accurate, verifiable. --[[User:OldakQuill|Oldak Quill]] 01:02, 10 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- How do you figure? ClockworkTroll 03:03, 10 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. Actually tastes pretty good. Would be great to have more mixed drinks in Wikipedia.
--Cappi 16:32, 12 Nov 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like other '/delete' pages is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.